It has been an exciting year on the road for Raven Health. Our team has traveled to over 25 live events across the United States, many of these applied behavior analysis conferences were hosted by our friends at BehaviorLive.
During the summer, Raven Health was a proud sponsor of the Women in Behavior Analysis Conference, which took place in Nashville, Tennessee, from July 19 – 21, 2023.
Women in Behavior Analysis (WIBA) has the mission to empower, celebrate and mentor women behavior analysts and highlight their contributions to the field.
This year’s conference was a 2-day hybrid event that shattered registration numbers and may go down in history as the best WIBA conference to date!
The top 3 questions the Raven Health team helped to answer at the live event included:
- What makes Raven different from the other data collection tools?
- What is the most popular page from that snarky coloring book?
- Who is Dolly Parton-ish?
What makes Raven different?
It was no surprise for behavior analysts to see another ABA data collection software vendor at an ABA conference. What did surprise the people who we met with at the women in behavior analysis conference was what makes Raven stand apart from the others, including:
- Dedicated customer support: Raven Health customers count on our dedicated customer support team to provide comprehensive assistance in optimizing your ABA practice. You can rely on Raven every step of the way.
- Intuitive interface: Raven Health’s clean design has been developed from an intense focus on user experience to ensure that each data point is captured seamlessly during sessions.
- Clean and accurate data collection: Your ABA session notes are updated in real-time, and are easily shared and visualized using our graphing templates.
What is the most popular page from that snarky coloring book?
As an ABA data collection software company, it seemed fitting to run an informal data collection project at our booth. The Raven team put a behavior analyst coloring book on display to gauge feedback from our booth traffic on which of the coloring pages resonated with them the most.
Thank you to those who participated. We shared some good laughs! See the finding below:
The coloring pages with the most votes were:
- Nothing surprises me. I’m a behavior analyst.
- This behavior analyst needs a drink.
- I’m not responsible for what my face does when you talk.
P.S.: Here’s the link to the snarky coloring book available for purchase!
Who is Dolly Parton-ish?
Dolly Parton-ish is a semi-fictional character that was brought to life by Raven Health to celebrate the amazing accomplishments of the female leaders and changemakers at this year’s WIBA conference.
Congratulations to the Women in Behavior Analysis Hall of Fame class of 2023, including:
🤩 Janet Ellis, Ph.D.
🤩 Judith LeBlanc, Ph.D.
🤩 Sigrid Glenn, Ph.D.
🤩 Jan Sheldon, J.D., Ph.D.
🤩 Maria Ruiz, Ph.D.
Conversations at the Raven Health table spanned across countries, generations, companies, and backgrounds. Many people engaging in conversations with folks they had never met before found comradery in sharing their stories about how the true Tennessee native, Dolly Parton, made an impact on their lives at some point.
Some impressive facts about Dolly Parton were shared, including:
- Dolly launched Imagination Library in 1995, which has now gifted over 195 million books in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and the Republic of Ireland.
- Dolly gave $1 million to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville for pediatric infectious disease research in 2022.
- Dolly owns a theme park, Dollywood, which opened on May 3, 1986. It is located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, just a 3-hour drive from Nashville.
The term “A WIBA Dose of Dolly” was coined to fill cups of ambition each morning. Each morning a motivational message was distributed, including a Raven Health favorite:
Taking pictures with the WIBA-famous Dolly Parton-ish, played by the very talented Natasha Neely, was an event highlight for many. A photo booth was set up during the Raven Health networking event on Friday, July 21, 2023, to ensure everyone had pictures to bring home.
The Raven Raffle took place during the networking session. All items (including the fake monstera and disco ball) were claimed by session attendees. Thank you to everyone who participated in the first-ever Raven Raffle!
🎁 P.S.: We have custom conference stickers that were lost in transit. If you want #WIBA2023 stickers please send an email with your mailing address to email@example.com and we’ll drop a care package in the mail for you!